Why do I have to meet English language skills registration standards?

To be registered as a health practitioner in Australia, you must be able to demonstrate that your English language skills will enable you to safely practice your profession.

If English is your first language then you must prove evidence of schooling and / or further education in an English speaking country. If you are not able to prove this, then you may need to sit an English language exam such as IELTS / OET. If you sat PLAB or IELTS coming to the UK and continued working in an English speaking environment then it’s likely you will meet the requirement.

You can click here for further info on AHPRA English Language Policy.